Thursday, August 03, 2006

Inter-disciplinary Rounds #2

So I am sitting in daily Inter-disciplinary Rounds (IDT) recently, mostly minding my own business when the Doc says, "Chaplain, I would like you to call a family conference with "Mrs Jones" family. I will be there, the Social Worker will be there. We need to have a meeting with them and I think our best chance is if you lead it."

I scan the room everyone is staring at me. I am trying to guage and see if I am being played the fool or what?

"What would the goal of this meeting be, if I could ask?"

With no emotion, he dead pans "To convert this patient from Christianity to Buddhism. I truly believe her faith is the reason she is artifically prolonging her life and if she would just convert to Buddhism and embrace re-incarnation this would all just go away and be ok."

"Am I on Candid Camera?"

"Could you do that...for the team?"

"No!"

"I didn't think so, but I had to ask."

"Understood. I'll talk to her..."

"Thanks."

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home