Friday, February 17, 2006

has to be a full moon...

My day starts with a supposed former patient calling to 'inform' me of all the problems she had at the hospital 4 months ago (I can't find her in our database) and that I "The chaplain HAVE to help her get medi-cal." "Ma'am, that something the state of California does, not the hospital." She hangs up. Then leaves me 4 voicemails, one of them 14 minutes long with a 2 minute discussion on whether she thinks the phone is hung up or not. (Yes, you read that right. First sign of a full moon!)

Then at 1130am, a hospital volunteer informs me in the hallway that "the son of patient who died here a couple of weeks ago is here to get his dad's will." Brow arched, "I have his will?? Oh...? What is the son's name?" "I don't know." "Where is he now?" "I don't know." "Thank you..." as I wonder off toward the full moon.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home