Saturday, October 08, 2005

Ironic Prayer comment

So I am visiting a patient this morning and she says, "Chaplain, I just have to laugh at what my daughter said to me yesterday."

"Oh? Tell me more."

"She was here visiting me and heard the prayer you do over the intercom for the whole hospital and stated, "My children can't pray in school, but they have prayer at the hospital. That's just wierd!"

"Chaplain, we love the prayer! Keep it up."

I had never thought about the irony of the daily prayers and reflections I do every morning over the CODE phone line to everyone in the hospital. Love it when patients are engaged in their care and what is happening around them.

Oh, just for your information I lead a reflection this morning from Fred Roger's of Mister Rogers
Neighborhood...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home