Friday, September 30, 2005

Pissing off the Chaplains...

Rarely, I have met a patient I don't like.

Rarely, but I did today.

Patient explodes with her testimony (life story of her faith) and how much she loves the Lord, then precedes to unload on her neighbor at home. "How that skunk is using people and soooo mean, but I am going to win that skunk for the Lord and solve this problem."

Then continues her diatribe and jealousy (because the neighbor is getting all his attention, that ole' biddy! and not her). What has happened to Christians who have become such a total pain the butt. Think someone owes them something. With arrogant preachers "naming and claiming" all kinds of authority and power they don't really have.

I remember as a teenager our pastor teaching us that as Christians we have given our will and authority away...to a higher authority. That I am not in charge of my life. I am to be surrended to the Lord-mind, body and spirit. Granted it is easier said than done, but it's still true and makes for gracious, humble followers of Jesus versus the neighbor of the skunk.

I wonder if she ever looked inward and thought about the reason her neighbor is a skunk because she's the skunk's butt....

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home