Friday, October 21, 2005

"I got divorced for better care!"

"I think I am going to need some more information, sir."

"Well, because of my disability I need a lot of care. Because I lost my job because of what happened to me this has been a financial disaster to my me and my family. So, I couldn't get the help I needed. So a friend told us that my wife and I should get divorced so my income would drop so I could get help."

My head spins around like the exorcist movie and I say, with a depth of birdbath water, "What? Are you kidding me?"

"Nope, and the crazy thing is that it worked." Head spins around again...

"My wife made just enough money to put us over the minimal level for support, so when we got divorced, she could keep her income (think about that statement for a minute...because it will truly piss you off) and then I could get support. It's ok, though, we still live together and love each other; we just had to do this so I could get the appropriate medical care without it costing us more than we earn in 10 years."

"How long have you been dealing with this?"

"For the last three years."

"What has been the hardest part?"

"That I am going to lose my leg to this infection and they is nothing they can do about it...."

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home